MEALS ON WHEELS
- Deliver meals to homebound seniors in all areas of Blount County. Routes available to be delivered between 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon Monday through Friday. You can volunteer daily, one day each week, every other week, monthly, whatever fits your schedule.
- Clerical duties, copying, etc.
- Help congregate meal participants complete basic assessment form.
- Provide education on nutrition and other topics at congregate meal sites.
- School, church or service organization special projects such as crafts or “tray favors” for homebound seniors.
OFFICE ON AGING
- Telephone reassurance calls to homebound seniors.
- Take an elderly person to medical appointments, grocery story, other errands.
- Mow lawns, rake leaves for elderly homeowners.
- Become a SMiles driver.
Click here to read excerpts from the Senior Directory
- Volunteers to sort and pack commodity foods in bags and boxes.
- Clerical assistance on commodity distribution day.
- Volunteers to help load commodities into the vehicles of elderly and disabled.
- At various times during each year there is a need for general clerical help, shredding, etc.
- Occasional needs at the agency include lawn mowing, trimming shrubs and borders, etc.